So you’ve chosen to add Enhanced Brand Content to your Amazon detail page but you just don’t know how.
The good news is that the process is kept fairly easy on purpose to facilitate a larger pool of Brand Registered Sellers on Amazon to employ this powerful tool.
Read on as I provide you with all you need to know for uploading a 7-Module Amazon EBC.
Step by Step Process to Upload EBC
Once you have established that you are eligible to add an EBC to your detail page, you’re officially ready to start working on your EBC.
1. Setting an EBC up.
To start off, head to the ‘Advertising’ Tab on your Seller Central Dashboard, find & click on ‘A+ Content Manager’ from the drop down list. Click on ‘Start Creating A+ Content’ after which you’ll be greeted by a page asking you to enter the ASIN(s) you want to upload an EBC for.
2. Choose a Template.
This is where you start your Amazon EBC design as you are prompted to choose from five pre-built EBC templates, with an option to create a custom template according to your liking. Different templates allow for different content formatting, so it is important to choose a template wisely.
Pro-tip: It’s better to choose a template that would most appropriately show the features in your product that you want to highlight and the way you want to highlight them. Ask yourself "If I was looking to buy this product, what would I like to see first?"
3. Designing Modules.
After you’ve selected a template, you will find that you are not able to change the configuration of the first 2 modules of your EBC.
Modules 1 & 2 are locked for Brand logos and a brief Product Description respectively, and pay dividends to the promise of Amazon EBC to improve the seller's brand visibility on the platform.
Moving onwards to modules 3 to 7, these modules are configurable and you can easily arrange, add, and modify the contents of these modules.
Keep in mind that you do not have to fill in every text box or add the maximum amount of images allowed by Amazon (8 images), as Amazon automatically formats the template to eliminate white spaces and present your content in a better, more clearer way.
5. Submit your EBC for approval.
After you’ve thoroughly checked your EBC, it’s finally time to submit it. After submission, you’ll be notified of the status of your submission on your dashboard.
Approval time varies from 7-14 business days, but in our experience EBCs usually get approved within 24-48 work-hours of submission. You can, however, have upto 20 submissions at a time without having to wait for each and every approval.
Pro-tip: While your EBC may get approved, it might still take time for it to show on your product detail page, so don’t be alarmed if you don’t see it instantly.
What kind of content should you incorporate into your EBCs?
Planning content to include when they upload EBC to Amazon can be a daunting task for many sellers. However, there are a few methods you can try to employ for a greater EBC experience.
Emphasize on your product’s features in a concise & clear manner, leave out any irrelevant details that might confuse your buyer.
- With EBC, you can make the most of transition advertising with visually-informative imagery. Also, make sure not to reuse listing images as it is against Amazon Guidelines and also gives a bad look to your detail page
- Make sure your EBC offers a lot of social proof to your buyers. Lifestyle imagery of the product in use creates a sense of relatability in your buyer, so make sure to get product photography done well. If that is not a suitable option, you can also use 3D Rendering as an alternative to Product Photography.
- Along with premium sales copy, that is persuasive but also emotionally connected with your buyer, you should also employ your brand’s color themes across the EBC.
- Mirroring your Unique Value Proposition can be a very effective strategy for planning and making content for your EBC, as it dives deep into the mind of the buyer and lets them see information in the order they wanted to see it.
With that, I conclude this guide on the step-by-step process to upload EBC on Amazon. Feel free to revisit this space if you get stuck on any step. As a final bit of advice, try injecting personality into your EBC and make it truly yours!